ABLC is a private, 501 (c)(3) non-profit educational program dedicated to transforming the lives of children with autism or related disorders and their families through the most effective therapy services available.
|OUR HISTORY||CURRICULUM OVERVIEW|
|ABLC was founded in 2009 by Malena Scalise, MA, BCBA. While in school, a professor recognized her gift with children, and her passion for assisting children with autism has allowed her to help many families in the Charleston regional area. With his advice she decided to begin her career as an “in-home” therapist over 17 years ago providing Applied Behavior Analysis therapy on a one-to-one basis. Malena takes an active role in the day to day operations of ABLC by training therapist, writing programs and raising funds for the center. She maintains close contact with the children by evaluating them on a regular basis to ensure that all are progressing at a successful rate.||
ABLC provides instruction based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). Scientific research has proven that interventions based on ABA are the safest and most effective treatment for autism. ABLC focuses on building communication, social, behavioral and living skills that will develop a higher quality of life and the greatest level of independence for each child.
Our ABA Based Program Includes:
• A wide range of ABA based teaching techniques individualized to each student
• Intervention in both structured and natural settings
• Specific programs to promote verbal, behavioral, social and academic skills
• Individual assessments of each student’s strengths challenges and learning styles
• One to one and highly structured small group instruction
• Training workshops for family and staff
• Home based ABA therapy
• IEP attendance and support